ERP software is designed to help businesses streamline and automate their operations. There are a plethora of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems to choose from, but not all of them are designed with small businesses in mind.
In this article, we will take a look at the 5 best ERP software systems for small businesses. We will consider each system’s features, pricing, and ease of use, in order to help you find the right ERP system for your business. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Reviews of The Best ERP Software
Acumatica is one of the best ERP software for midmarket companies. Founded in 2008, Acumatica is built to meet the ever-evolving needs of businesses and their customers.
Acumatica’s Implementation & Planning services provide expert guidance on best practices for deploying and using the software. It is built on a modern, scalable platform that can be quickly implemented and customized to meet the specific needs of your company.
Its FastTrack development method ensures that your project will be completed on time and within budget. With Acumatica, you get the best possible return on your investment.
- Financial Management: Financial management is made easy with Acumatica, as it provides real-time insights and total control of your bottom line.
- Reporting, Dashboards, and Data Analysis Toolkit: With its robust reporting tools, businesses can gain greater insights into their organizations and accelerate decision-making.
- Service Management: Service management feature allows businesses to maximize dispatching and boost revenue by scheduling the right people at the right time.
- Multi-Entity & Intercompany Accounting: Acumatica’s multi-entity and intercompany accounting capabilities make it easy to streamline accounting and reporting across multiple entities.
- CRM: Acumatica’s CRM module provides sales, service, and marketing teams with real-time visibility into customer interactions, seamless processes, and insightful business insights—so they can always deliver an amazing customer experience.
- With its intuitive, award-winning user interface, businesses can easily integrate Acumatica with the tools and systems they already use.
- Acumatica’s modern, cross-module workflows empower collaboration among employees.
- Businesses can access their data from any device; they can optimize their workflows for maximum efficiency.
- Businesses can scale users and resources up or down as needed, making Acumatica the most flexible ERP software on the market.
- Has a short history relative to other competitors: Founded in 2008, Acumatica is a relative newcomer to the ERP software market. However, in that short time, it has established itself as one of the best ERP software solutions for small businesses.
While Acumatica does have a long track record, it is still a relatively new company. This can be both a pro and a con. On the one hand, Acumatica is constantly innovating and adding new features. On the other hand, it doesn’t have the same depth of experience as some of its competitors.
- Pricing Structure: Another potential drawback of Acumatica is its pricing structure. Instead of a traditional per-user licensing model, Acumatica offers a subscription-based pricing model that can be confusing for some users. However, overall, Acumatica is an excellent ERP software solution for small businesses.
- With Acumatica, there is no specific price. A price is given based on your needed functionality.
Rossum is also one of the best ERP software for small businesses. It helps companies of all sizes minimize the time they spend manually processing documents. Rossum’s intelligent document processing (IDP) platform is the most accurate and efficient way to process documents of any kind.
It is simple to use yet powerful enough to handle any document processing need. With Rossum, you can be sure that your documents are processed accurately and quickly with minimal manual effort.
Rossum’s intelligent document processing capabilities are unrivaled, making it the best choice for small businesses looking to streamline their processes and improve their bottom line.
- Integration and fast automation: Rossum provides easy integration and fast automation, whether you need a pre-built integration ready to go or a custom integration delivered by their team of experts.
- Reporting and Insight: Rossum’s built-in reporting and dashboards allow you to analyze data across your document processing operation from a single place without any additional programming or configuration.
- Data Capture: Rossum’s data capture engine reads and understands documents much like a human, making it the most accurate and reliable data capture solution on the market.
- Pre-processing: Rossum’s pre-processing features are best in class, allowing you to quickly and easily get your process started with flexible and powerful intake technology. With duplicate management, enhancements, and routing to the right queues, you can optimize your downstream process.
- Reduced cost
- Increased productivity and efficiency
- Saves time
- Collaboration of files and task
- Easy to integrate
- It is not supported on mobile devices
- It has a free trial
- The actual price is not provided by the vendor, and a request needs to be made to get the pricing
Another best ERP software for small businesses is Scoro. Scoro facilitates the streamlining of projects, the simplification of quoting, the automation of billing, and the maximization of utilization for agencies, consultancies, and professional service organizations.
Scoro’s primary functions include customer relationship management, work scheduling and tracking, collaboration, and comprehensive reporting and dashboards. Scoro makes it easy to get work done faster and more efficiently. It is the perfect solution for those engaged in services, sales, and project management.
- Time Management: This feature offers time management capabilities that help you to plan and prioritize your work, avoid overlaps, and distribute tasks efficiently.
Scoro’s integrated time tracker, shared calendars, and timesheets make it easy to monitor and report on how much time is spent on client projects. Businesses can make the most of your time and earn the most money possible if you keep track of billable and non-billable hours.
- Integration: It helps businesses integrate with the tools they’re already using. Scoro can be synchronized with current calendar applications, file storage, and accounting software. Additionally, Scoro can be connected with Zapier to automate thousands of activities. Scoro’s API allows for integrations with almost any software solution.
- Reporting and Dashboard: Its reporting and dashboard features allow you to monitor risk areas, create high-level reports, and track real-time performance.
You can also identify bottlenecks and opportunities and plan for the future with Scoro’s real-time dashboards. With Scoro, you’ll never have to wait for data to refresh. All reports and dashboards are displayed in real-time.
- Project Management: This feature enables organizations to monitor real-time progress, tasks, events, and dependencies in an up-to-date view. With Scoro, you can quickly adapt to changes, delays, or logged hours and see how they impact your plans. This feature helps minimizes manual updates and double-bookings.
- The cost of managing your finances and sales is reduced with Scoro.
- You can manage everything from one place, including tracking the progress to the completion of each project or contact in real time.
- You’ll receive instant notifications about when an invoice needs attention so that it never slips through unnoticed again.
- It’s also quite expensive, which can be an issue for some people who want budget-friendly.
- Essential plan: Scoro’s essential plan costs $26 per user/month, with a minimum of 5 users.
- Standard plan: The standard plan costs $37 per user/month, with a minimum of 5 users.
- Pro plan: The pro plan costs $63 per user/month, with a minimum of 5 users.
- Ultimate plan: For larger businesses, Scoro offers an ultimate plan, which is priced on a case-by-case basis.
NetSuite ERP is the best ERP software for managing accounting, inventory management, and production processes. NetSuite ERP helps businesses run smoothly by automating essential procedures and revealing operational and financial standings in real-time.
This ERP software makes it easier to streamline operations, reduce costs and improve decision-making across the business.
With NetSuite ERP, businesses can better manage production, fulfill orders more efficiently, plan and track inventory levels, and be confident they are always using the most up-to-date information.
- Inventory Management: NetSuite’s inventory management system provides visibility in real-time, allowing you to avoid stockouts and reduce inventory levels to free up cash flow.
- Supply Chain Management: NetSuite’s supply chain management solutions enable businesses to oversee the flow of goods from suppliers through manufacturing and into customers’ hands, ensuring that orders are fulfilled on time and without errors.
- Warehouse Management: NetSuite WMS provides best-in-class capabilities to streamline warehouse operations. Utilizing methods that are considered to be at the forefront of their field, such as mobile RF barcode scanning, task management, specified strategies for putaway and picking, cycle count plans, and return authorization receipts.
- The automation and real-time insights provide a complete picture of your business, so you can make informed decisions about where to invest your resources.
- With its agile features and capabilities, NetSuite also makes it easy to grow new products, channels, and markets.
- Because it’s a cloud-based system, there are no on-premise IT costs.
- The subscription pricing can change over time. This can be a challenge for small businesses that need to stick to a tight budget.
- Customizing reports can be challenging. This can be frustrating for small businesses that need to be able to generate accurate reports regularly.
- Three primary components go into calculating the license fee: the core platform, the optional modules, and the number of users. In addition, there is a one-time implementation cost associated with the first setups. The vendor needs to be contacted to get the software pricing.
Method:CRM is one of the best ERP software solutions for small businesses. It offers a fully integrated online solution with QuickBooks to help streamline sales processes. Method:CRM is designed to make work easier with its built-in solutions for lead management, invoicing, and more. Customization is also available to meet unique needs.
- Simple Lead Management: It allows you to track leads and sync them with QuickBooks so that you can easily convert them into paying customers.
- Quick and Easy Invoicing: This feature gives businesses full control over the creation, approval, and payment of their invoices. With Method, you can create beautiful invoices that will impress your customers. In addition, Method CRM integrates with QuickBooks, so you can easily sync your invoices and keep track of your finances.
- Automated Job Scheduling and Routing: With this feature, businesses can improve their efficiency and better serve their customers by eliminating the need to manually route and dispatch their jobs.
- Effortless Time Tracking: With Method:CRM, you can track time anywhere, from any device. There’s no need for punchcards, paperwork, or spreadsheets. And best of all, you can track time by job, project, and customer. This makes it easy to follow up with teams and get the necessary information.
- Connection with native integrations: One of the main features of this software is its connection with native integration. With its integration with QuickBooks, Method:CRM comes with pre-built integrations for Gmail and Outlook, or you can connect it to thousands of apps via Zapier. This makes it very easy to keep all of your customer data in one place and makes it easy to access from anywhere.
- It helps boost sales
- It also helps maximize productivity
- It is flexible and affordable
It offers three pricing plans: Contact Management, CRM Pro, and CRM Enterprise.
Contact Management: Contact Management is the most basic plan, ideal for companies with simple sales processes. In case you choose to pay monthly, it’ll cost you $28, but if you pay annually, it’ll just cost you $25 a month.
CRM Pro: CRM Pro is the most popular plan. When paid annually, each user costs $44, and when paid monthly, each user costs $49.
CRM Enterprise: The CRM Enterprise plan is the most all-encompassing plan, and it was developed specifically for rapidly expanding businesses that want to automate all of their workflows, from sales management to customer care. When paid annually, the cost is $74 per user per month. However, when paid monthly, the cost is $85 per user.
Yes, it is. One of the biggest benefits of ERP software is that it can help to reduce admin costs. Businesses can save a significant amount of time and money by automating tasks such as invoicing and inventory management.
No, QuickBooks cannot be used as an ERP because it only provides accounting functions. While accounting is one component of an ERP system, there are other important components, such as inventory management, manufacturing, order management, and more.
QuickBooks would not be able to provide those functions for your business. However, with its many integrations, QuickBooks can be part of a complete ERP solution for small businesses.
The best ERP software for small businesses will be those that are simple to use and manage, have extensive features, and can be customized to fit the specific needs of a business. Our top picks for the best ERP software take all of these factors into account and more, so businesses can find the perfect solution for their operations.