Whether you’re a startup or an established business, having a well-crafted business plan is essential to your success. Not only will it give you a roadmap to follow, but it will also help you secure funding and attract top talent.
There are a lot of business plan software options out there, so how do you know which one is right for you? To help you make the best decision, we’ve compiled a list of the eight best free business plan software programs.
Review of the Best Free Business Plan Software
Coro is a free business plan software that helps you create a professional and successful business plan. Coro offers many features that make it easy to get started, including templates, financials, and more.
With Coro, you can be sure that your business plan will be comprehensive and well-organized. In addition, Coro offers support and resources to help you through the process of creating and implementing your business plan.
- Templates for different types of businesses.
- Available in English and Spanish.
- Comes with a built-in CRM system.
- Free remediation for 14 days.
- Has three months audit trail.
- Coro allows users to collaborate with others on their business plans, making it ideal for businesses that have multiple stakeholders.
- The software includes financial tools that help users track and forecast expenses and income.
- The software offers various marketing and sales management features, including the ability to create and track campaigns.
- Coro provides user analytics that helps businesses measure the performance of their business plans.
- It entails all threats such as malware & ransomware, phishing, hacking & access control, insider threats, and data governance.
- The free version has some limitations regarding features and functionality.
- Coro Free – $0 per User / Month.
- Coro Flexible Pay monthly with no commitment $8.99 per User / Month (Billed Monthly).
- Coro Annual – For companies who want to save costs, SAVE 22% by paying $6.99 per User / Month (Billed Annually).
Cuttles offers a 7-day free trial, and in this period, you can get familiar with its features and examine if it is suitable for your business before moving to a paid plan. You can create a custom business plan with Cuttles in just minutes.
Cuttles allows you to include all the information you need in your business plans, such as your company’s mission statement, market analysis, product or service description, financial projections, etc.
In addition, Cuttles offers a variety of templates that you can use to create your custom business plan.
Features of Cuttles
- Step-by-Step Wizard.
- Pitch Presentation.
- Financial Templates.
- Investor Management.
- Social Sharing.
- Business Plan Templates.
- Easy to use
- Fast navigation between sections.
- Pre-filled information.
- Produces high-quality professional document templates.
- Allows you to apply your company logo and other branding elements
- Tailors the text to reflect your unique voice and style
- Users can customize the expected outcomes based on realistic goals.
- Cuttles takes a lot of time to set up.
- For Seed Plan Founders startup at €8 per month billed annually (save 58%)
- For Grow Plan founders startup with €16per month billed annually (save 44%)
- For Series PlanFounders startups, €48 per month is billed annually (save 39%)
InPhase is a free business plan and business intelligence software that helps entrepreneurs and business owners to visualize and create their vision for the growth of their businesses.
With an easy-to-use interface and all the tools you need like, InPhase makes it simple to brainstorm ideas, document them in your own words, and share your vision with others. It attracts investors or simply communicates your ideas more clearly.
- Adeptly execute plans
- It comes with templates.
- It has a library of resources.
- Ability to create “What If” scenarios.
- It has an intuitive interface.
- Eliminate duplicated activities
- Encourage user engagement
- Identify critical problems faster.
- Make compliance easy
- It does not have a mobile application
- Free Version: It costs $0 and is free for each user
- Basic Plan: It costs $14,98 per month for each user.
Learnspot is a powerful Spain-based, user-friendly business plan software designed to help entrepreneurs and small business owners create effective financial plans for their companies.
With an intuitive interface, various valuable templates, and an extensive library of financial formulas and calculations, Leanspot makes it easy to create professional financial plans with minimal effort.
What’s more? They have a free version and a free trial. They also have business intelligence capacities. However, it is geared far too heavily toward a Spanish audience.
- User-friendly interface.
- Collaborative editing.
- Built-in sharing tools.
- Powerful tracking tool.
- Built-in commenting tools to get feedback.
- Assesses the feasibility of your business idea.
- Access to SWOT
- Extensive support and guidance
- Formats different combinations of data according to industry best practices.
- It caters more to Spanish users.
- For startups, Advance €30/per month
- For Advisors First month is free after 18€/month
- For Investors, Individuals €99/month
Enloop is a great option for those looking for a free business plan software program. It offers a free trial for a full week with no obligation to provide credit card information included. Enloop is solely focused on the creation of business plans.
It features automated text writing, comparisons of financial forecasts, and a real-time performance score that monitors your advancement. The clear and straightforward instructions provided while using the software make it simple, even for those who have never created a business plan.
- Automatic financial statements generation
- Financial Performance Analysis
- Real-time performance analysis
- Plans are reasonably priced and offer an annual discount
- Automatic text generation is available to help with the business plan writing process.
- It only has one template option
- Free Trial: A 7-day free trial, access to most features so you can familiarize yourself with the software.
- Detailed Plan: It costs $19.95 per month.
- Enterprise Plan: It costs $39.95 per month.
The Business Plan Quick Builder is an online tool that helps users accelerate the process of creating a business plan.
Business Plan Quick Builder’s algorithm efficiently creates a complete business plan. For example, the generated business plan lets users know the different aspects of their businesses. Plus, it also includes accurate financial projections of the businesses.
In addition, Quick Builder can also be used by those who want to update their existing business plans.
- Financial forecast
- Automatic text generation
- PDF Support
- It has over 400 templates to choose from
- It saves time
- It is efficient
- Easy to use
- It can only be used online.
- Free Plan: It costs nothing and comes with the basic essential features.
- Basic Plan: It costs $9.99 monthly
Every successful business has a well-defined strategy. Without a clear direction, it’s easy to get lost in the day-to-day grind and lose sight of your goals. That’s where ESM+ comes in.
This software helps you map out your goals, track your progress, and make adjustments on the fly. It also provides tools to help you implement your strategy and get the most out of your team. From project management to task tracking, it has got you covered.
- Automation software for the Balanced Scorecard
- Visual charts and online reporting.
- Cascading Balanced Scorecards
- Dynamic strategy maps
- Instant-generated strategic reports and papers in PDF, PPT, and Excel.
- Personal Balanced Scorecards and employee reviews
- Customizable user interface
- Mobile app not available for macOS and iOS
- Basic Plan: Costs $0, it has valuable features like Excel Exports, Balanced Scorecard Designer, SWOT, Porter’s 5 Forces, PESTEL, and Change Agendas. It also allows users to create measures, goals, and strategic initiatives
- Pro Plan: It costs $880 monthly. It has features in the basic plan and other remarkable features like an unlimited number of users, Balanced Scorecard Automation, Custom Balanced Scorecard Templates, KPI Tracking, Initiative Prioritization, Excel Data Loading, Strategy Execution Library, and Strategic Initiative Project Management. It also allows its users to design dynamic strategy maps.
- Enterprise Plan: Contact ESM+Strategy for pricing. It has features in the pro plan and other features like several Scorecards, Configuration Instructions, Views of organizational/scorecard structure, Views with Cascading and Alignment, Permission framework based on scorecards, API integrations, etc.
Data consolidation across scorecards, Loading Excel data across many scorecards, Dashboards tailored to each scorecard, Zapier connectors With onboarding. Users also get free data buildout.
Workfacta is a simple yet powerful tool that helps businesses track employee productivity. By tracking employee login times, activity levels, and project deadlines, businesses can clearly see which employees are meeting their targets and which ones are falling behind.
In addition, Workfacta provides employees with a clear set of deadlines and milestones to hit, helping them stay on track and motivated. As a result, Workfacta is an invaluable tool for any business that wants to improve employee productivity.
- Goal Setting and Tracking
- Data Visualization
- Strategic Planning
- Key Performance Indicators
- KPI Monitoring
- Progress Tracking
- Easy to use
- To maximize user experience, sorting and filtering options could be improved.
- Free Forever: It costs $0 and allows up to 3 users and 1 team. It has basic features like a weekly meeting schedule, three discussion items, team performance, two dashboard widgets, etc.
- Business Premium Plan: It costs $49 monthly per user, and it contains features in the free plan, unlimited users, flexible weekly meetings, Quarterly Execution Score Targets, company performance, and supports up to 3 teams.
- Enterprise Plan: Contact Workfacta for pricing. It has additional features like Xero integration, Number API, Cross-team features, enterprise widget, etc.
The first step is to define your business goals and objectives clearly. What are you hoping to accomplish? Next, you’ll need to analyze your industry and target market thoroughly. What is the current landscape, and what trends are you seeing? This will help you to create realistic financial projections. Once you have all this information, you can start developing your business plan.
Yes, there are business plan templates available on Microsoft Word. However, the quality of these templates can vary greatly. Some are very simplistic and lack the level of detail that is often required in a business plan. Others are more comprehensive and can provide a good starting point for developing a business plan. The bottom line is that it is important to carefully evaluate any template you consider using to ensure that it meets your needs.
A business plan is a formal document that outlines the goals of your business. Examples are Executive Summary, Products and Services, Market Analysis, Sales and Marketing Plan, Operational Plan, Financial Plan, and appendix. With a well-written business plan, you’ll be on your way to achieving your entrepreneurial goals.
A business plan’s length depends on your business’s size, and complexity, a rule of thumb is that it shouldn’t be more than 30 pages. If you are seeking investment, your business plan will need to be even shorter, as investors do not have time to read through a long document.
You should avoid including information irrelevant to the business. There shouldn’t be grammatical or spelling errors, as this can make the business appear amateurish. Lastly, the document should be concise; avoid using flowery language or excessively long sentences.
When searching for the best business plan software, it is essential to look beyond the program’s price. Ultimately, the best business plan software can be defined by its ability to help you create, edit, and manage your business plan effectively and efficiently.
Whether it provides templates or allows you to create your own from scratch, offers powerful collaboration tools, or helps you organize financial information and projections. The best free business plan software should always aim to meet your specific needs and help take your business to the next level.
If you still can’t decide, we recommend giving Coro a try. It’s a tremendous all-around software that offers a free trial, so you can see if it’s the right fit for you.