As powerful as the human mind is, it is not infallible, neither is it immune to wear and tear. However, such tools like a mind mapping software enhance the use and optimization of the mind for execution of ideas. Mind mapping software helps with daily planning, business calls, meetings, brainstorming sessions, presenting and presentations, project planning, as well as visualization and organization of information.
This post provides a list of the best mind mapping software for your mac.
Seven Best Mind Mapping Software For Mac
Mind mapping software helps you to visualize complex charts, workflows, and concepts. It stands to help you set out and balance each idea individually and connect them. The mind map makes it easy to see what’s working and what ideas are related quickly and gives you insights for improvement.
Additionally, mind mapping software has tools that enable collaboration for teams to visualize and share ideas that can work.
Mindly lets you create and organize your thoughts and ideas for analysis, summary, meeting preparation, project planning, development, etc. With mindly, you can capture your ideas without distraction and boost your creativity.
- These features let you attach photos, web links, notes, and icons.
- There are automated color schemes for map elements, improving visibility for your drawings and mapped-out ideas. It aids and allows you to print, share, import, and export files.
- Mindly also contains a visual clipboard and drag and drop to help you organize your ideas and mind map content.
- It features the availability of a Passcode for security and data protection.
- Mindly supports offline access and cloud storage, and dropbox sync.
- Mindly is easy to learn and provides a free version
- Mindly supports web export, crosslinks, and search
- You can export mind maps in different file formats such as Text, PDF, OPML, and image formats
- Create unlimited elements
- Mindly supports multiple devices and platforms.
- Mindly has no windows desktop app
- Lacks task management capabilities
- Limited integration options
- Mindly Free version has some limits like the number of maps and elements you can create.
Mac and also available for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
The kindle app uses the in-app monetization model. It costs $6.99 on iOS, $29.99 on the Mac app store, and $5.49 on Android and has a free version.
Miro is a collaborative free mind mapping software with productive features. Miro enables teams to create, capture, and share ideas and charts across teams. Miro’s agile planning, user story mapping, design iteration, and project management capabilities can help your team get any visual task done quickly.
- Miros has a real-time collaboration feature that allows multiple team members to co-create and share ideas and information.
- You can add content to the same board and explore various design styles.
- It has a unique and vivid presentation mode that lets you break your mind map into frames to present in slides.
- Miro app has built-in communication features such as chat, video, comments, and mentions.
- In the miro app, you can snap a photo of your whiteboard or handwritten notes and instantly convert them into editable digital sticky notes.
- Miro supports easy multiple software integration with other apps like tremllo, zoom, Asana, and Jira.
- Offers timer and presentation mode
- Offers an infinite canvas to map all your sticky notes.
- Miro’s collaboration capabilities enable you to invite users to your whiteboard, use video conference and share your screen with your team.
- Premade templates
- You can add images, documents, spreadsheets, and files like PDFs to your mind maps.
- Supports a limited type of files you can upload.
- Paid plans are expensive
- Limited designing and transition features in the presentation mode
- It does not support Linux operating system
- Limited free version
- Does not have a time tracker.
Miro offers a free plan. Miro’s paid plans start at $8/user per month for the team’s plan. $16/per user per month for the business plan.Custom pricing for enterprise plan. $12/user per month for consultant plan.
Mac and also available for iOS, Android, and Windows.
Mural is a digital whiteboard collaboration platform that connects and inspires teams. Mural lets your team work in real-time with many communication options, such as sharing, quick talk, commenting, chatting, etc. Mural enables you to be productive and transform your insights and ideas into reality.
- It comes with exquisite Mapping and diagramming tools with support for sticky notes and text
- There is access to a library of canvas with features that support timer
- It facilitates or supports freehand drawing and writing and contains icons with gyphy and unsplash integrations.
- Mural offers multiple ways to connect and communicate with your team
- Murals features improve creativity and the collaboration process
- Offers access to a lot of built-in templates for you and your team to make work easier
- Allows you to make quick voice calls to boost team collaboration
- Integrates with productivity tools like OneDrive, Documents, Google Drive, Azure DevOps, Microsoft Teams, and Asana.
- You may find it difficult to navigate the UI
- Needs improved workflow management
- Can be costly compared to other competing software.
Mural offers a free plan for unlimited members. Mural’s paid plans start at $9.99 per per month for the team+ plan. $17.99 per user per month for a business plan. Custom pricing for enterprise plan
Mac and also available for iOS, Android, and windows.
This diagramming software can help you work faster on your Mac and is quite easy to use. Using SmartDraw, you can organize information and plan an academic or business project. It can also facilitate your flow of ideas. It was developed as an alternative to Microsoft Visio. With it, you can do your map planning.
- Smartdraw software features automated icons and templates (4500+) from which you can select shapes.
- There are Varieties of infographic templates for easy presentations of data with user interface elements for proper understanding.
- Smartdraw offers Mobile integration, and it is embedded with charts templates for creating bar charts, pie charts, and 3D charts.
- Automatic icons aid in drawing tables and tracking progress and updates.
- Its large number of diagramming templates gives ease of use without any extra effort.
- Easy formatting when you add, move, delete or rearrange as it keeps everything in order.
- With infographic templates, you can plan population data, world, and decision trees.
- It saves time.
- With its feature of mobile integration and support, it enables you to work with one another on the same mind map.
- The user interface is translated into over 100 languages. Its advantage is that you can access it in any language of your choice.
- Easy sharing of files or exportation
- It can only export to Office in PDF, SVG, or PNG format and it can’t be edited in Office after import.
- No mobile app yet. However, you can use SmartDraw in a browser on your iPad.
SmartDraw costs $5.95 per month for teams of 5 or more and $9.95 for individuals.
This software is ideal for project management. As a project manager, you should have monday.com in mind for easy mapping and managing ideas with your team members.
- Monday.com is a software for Mac that is integrated with work OS and enables third-party integration.
- It has a good visual interface that is simple to understand.
- Works with Gantt chart, view, and Its features interface allows you to access your email with it.
- Turns mind maps into actionable plans
- Monday.com integrated with work OS makes it easier to assign tasks and collaborate with team members.
- Makes it easier for you to manage your project and CRM for customer support, contact management, and document management.
- Easy to arrange sales and task management.
- No complicated features
- The paid plan is expensive
- It is difficult to import or export Microsoft project files into it.
Pricing depends on the number of users and the required plan. A team of 10 people costs $49 per user per month (basic plan). $79 per user/per month (for the standard plan). $119 per month(for the pro plan). Note that each plan comes with different storage space.
Looking for an all-purpose diagram software? Lucidchart is an excellent choice. As a Mac user who wants an alternative Visio, you can use Lucidchart. It is an alternative to Visio with all its features and more.
Lucidchart was developed to give you an easy map minding with teammate collaboration. It aids integration. It is the best for scalability as it will help you scale up your organization.
- It envelops Integration mobile integration Which aids sharing of files and map minds.
- It comes in an individual and teammates plan.
- Lucidchart features teammate collaboration when a team version is purchased.
- Comes with an all-purpose diagramming tool, is cloud-based, and supports offline work.
- It is embedded with security and user authentication to safeguard information.
- Lucidchart software features data linking, revision, and connection features.
With these features, you can easily link data to Google to reduce the chance of human sheet error. You can communicate with your teammates. Also, When there is a need for editing of work done by a team member, the revision features serve that need.
- Guarantees sharing of files as PDF via email and even weblinks
- All-purpose diagramming tools help to create flowcharts, organization charts, and more
- Many people can do one design or mind map as teammates.
- Its integration with Google apps, Jira and Microsoft office allows you to import and export with them and guarantees an easy share.
- Imports Visio files in VDX, VSD, and VSDX format. (imports up to 200visio files at a time)
- Guides beginners on how to navigate
- You can use it offline with a chrome
- Older Visio templates in VST or VTX format from Visio 2006 are not supported.
- Shapes are limited, unlike SmartDraw
- Doesn’t support many languages
For individuals, the pro plan cost $9.95 per month and for a team of 3 and more is $6.70 per user/per month.
Business owners can use this software, but it is mostly aimed at students because it supports attachment when writing an assignment. Mindmup is an ideal software for you if you are a student, thanks to its ease of use. It is cost-effective and has a free and a pay version with more features for your use.
Aids real-time edits by many teammates, even in classrooms. It is embedded with keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation.
- Lots of keyboards shortcuts guarantee speed workflow
- You can share mindmaps via PDF, PowerPoint
- Can save mindmaps in Google Drive
- You can only engage in Integration when you use the paid version
- Maps created can only be stored for up to 6months
Pricing starts at $2.99 per year.
How To Choose A Mind Mapping Software
Here are a few things to consider when choosing the best mind map software for yourself:
- Compare each software to see which one is easy to use. If it has a high learning curve, you may experience some difficulties while using the software.
- Be sure that the mind mapping software you wish to use is compatible with your Mac’s software version. Consider the user interface and experience and, of course, the pricing.
- Make sure to evaluate the mind mapping software’s collaboration and presentation features, especially if you work with a team on the software. Make sure the mind mapping software’s collaboration and presentation features will serve your team’s needs.
- Also, check if the software has additional features, such as cloud storage, communication, and project management. Also, check if these features can be easily customized to give you and your team an exceptional experience.
Why do you need mind mapping software?
- Mind mapping software can help you present data for meetings, business and project presentations in an excellent way. Not just that, it can open pathways for more brainstorming and connecting ideas.
- It aids you in vividly showing vital information with clarity for understanding.
- Using sticky notes, day-to-day reminders, or even making use of your mental notes can be stressful and full of errors. As a manager, team member, or organization mapping your ideas and using software makes the work easier.
- Useful for you to organize your mapped-out thoughts and ideas. It helps in problem-solving.
Mind mapping is a technique for organizing, learning, reviewing, and analyzing information. Mind mapping helps us think more effectively and provides us with insight into the subject we are learning.
There are many benefits of a mind map. Mind mapping makes it easier for you to explore detailed information. Helps you organize information. Reduce brain clutter and improve your comprehension and concentration.
Mind apps can be used for planning and managing meetings, research, sales, and marketing strategy planning and learning.
Drawing a mind map on paper won’t give you the flexibility and free flow of idea expression that you need. But with the best mind mapping software, you will be able to break down the most complex ideas, and expressing your ideas won’t be an issue.
Check out Mindly, Monday, or any of the options we listed above. They come with features like real-time communication and collaboration. If you are a business owner, marketing and advertising strategist, project manager, or student, these software can help you to organize your information, make vivid drawings and scale up your plans.