Running a business can be difficult. Small businesses need a way to keep their organization in check especially when you are trying to take note of everything that is going on. One way to make things a little bit easier is to invest in the scanning software. This software will allow you to scan documents and store them electronically, which makes it easy to find what you need.
So are you struggling to keep track of all your important documents? Whether you want to keep your business organized and running like a well-oiled machine, scanning software can be a great tool. This article will examine the ten best scanning software options.
What Is a Scanning Software and What Should You Consider When Choosing a Tool?
A scanning software is a program that allows you to scan documents and store them electronically. This can be really helpful for businesses because it makes it easy to keep track of everything that is going on.
The software usually works by allowing you to import documents into a specific folder, where you can then arrange them however you want. From there, you can easily export the records into different formats or share them with other people.
When choosing a scanning software, there are a few things you should consider.
- Pricing: Some scanning software can be expensive, so make sure you find something that is within your budget.
- Document Format: Most scanning software can handle PDF and TIFF files, but some are limited to certain file types. Make sure you select something that can take the kind of files you will be scanning.
- Ease of Use: Some programs can be challenging to use, so make sure you find one that is easy for you to operate and has a user-friendly interface.
- Features: There may be some features that are important to you that other programs do not have. So take your time and compare different options before making a decision.
Reviews of the Best Scanning Software
Most Popular Scanning Software
Adobe Acrobat DC is an excellent scanning software. It allows you to work from anywhere and access your files from any device. You can also add text boxes, sticky notes and highlights to PDFs to get feedback from others.
Additionally, you can complete forms fast and add your signature or initials. Lastly, you can get the best viewing experience for all types of PDF content and store files online.
- Access your files from any device. Use a desktop, tablet or phone with the free Acrobat Reader app
- Add text boxes, sticky notes and highlights. Share a PDF to collect everyone’s input in one file
- Complete forms fast and add your signature or initials. Then share a link with others
- Get the best viewing experience for all types of PDF content. Store files online and share them with anyone.
- Adobe Acrobat DC is very user-friendly and easy to navigate
- It has a wide range of features that allow you to scan, convert, and edit PDFs easily
- The software is updated regularly with new features and enhancements, so you always have the latest version.
- Customer support is not always available or helpful
- Adobe Acrobat DC is not available for Linux users.
It offers a 7-days free trial and two payment plans.
- Acrobat Pro: $21.49/seat/mo annual payment, $32.24/seat/mo billed monthly
- Acrobat Standard: $13.96/seat/mo annual payment, $24.71/seat/mo billed monthly
- Acrobat for teams:$22.19/license/mo
- Acrobat for enterprise: Contact support to get quote.
Best Scanning Software for Professionals
ABBYY FineReader is packed with features that make it perfect for professionals, including the ability to edit PDFs, compare them, and integrate with mobile devices. Plus, it integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Office, making it an excellent choice for businesses.
It also comes with a host of other features, such as the ability to create PDF forms, split PDFs, and search and replace text. And if that’s not enough, it also offers digital signature capture capabilities.
- ABBYY FineReader is incredibly accurate, making it an ideal choice for businesses that need to scan and edit documents quickly and accurately
- The program can easily integrate with Microsoft Office, allowing you to make quick changes to scanned documents without having to export them to another program
- ABBYY FineReader also allows you to create PDF forms, which can be helpful for businesses that need to gather information from customers or employees
- The software can split PDFs into individual pages, making it easy to work with large files
- ABBYY FineReader offers a variety of features that can make scanning and editing documents easier, including the ability to capture digital signatures.
- Compare PDFs
- Integrate with Mobile.
- It integrate seamlessly with Microsoft® Office
- It helps create PDF forms
- It splits PDFs into individual pages
- It allows for capture of digital Signatures.
- The program can be expensive
- It can be challenging to learn how to use
- It can be challenging to edit documents accurately.
ABBYY Fine Reader offers a 7-days free trial and three payment plans.
- FineReader PDF Standard for Windows: $117/year
- FineReader PDF Corporate for Windows: $165/year
- FineReader PDF for Mac®: $69 with 1 year license
Best Advanced Scanning Software
VueScan is incredibly versatile and can handle everything from simple document scanning to scanning photos and film.
It’s easy to use and has a wide range of features, making it perfect for any business or individual who needs to scan a lot of documents.
- VueScan can work on over 7100 different scanner models.
- The software is available on Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems.
- The software can be tried for free before purchase.
- Updates are released every week or two in order to keep up with the latest scanner technology.
- Users have access to both basic and advanced scanning modes.
- Available on all operating systems.
- Converts film and slides to digital documents
- Scans films and slides.
- The software is available in 28 languages.
- Cannot scan multiple pages at once.
- The software can be expensive compared to other scanning software.
VueScan offers a free trial and three payment plans.
- Basic Edition: $19.95 One-time payment
- Standard Edition: $3.95/mo and $49 One-time payment
- Professional Edition: $7.95/mo and $99 One-time payment
Best Scanning Software for Windows
ScanSpeeder is the best scanning software for Windows because it has a high auto detection rate which saves you time. It also automatically crops and straightens scanned photos into separate image files. You can also import pre-scanned images containing multiple photos with 1-click cycling. It also has automatic file naming, or you can use your own file name.
The One-Click Magic Wand brings tinted photos back to life. You can also add text you can see and tag pictures as you go to preserve written comments and date taken so you can organize and easily find your scanned photos later.
- You can save both archival and web/e-mail/slideshow quality image at the same time.
- It helps to batch correct skewing and orientation for multiple photos at once.
- It supports the use of an auto document feeder (ADF) for documents or an auto photo feeder for photo scanning.
- Saves time with a high auto detection rate.
- Automatically crops and straightens scanned photos.
- Add text you can see and tag photos as you go.
- Restore faded photos with one click.
- The software is not free to download.
- It can be slow to scan large documents.
- There can be some errors with the auto detection rate.
ScanSpeeder offers two paid plans with a 30-days money back guarantee.
- Standard Edition: $29.95 One-time payment
- Pro Edition: $39.95 One time-payment
Best for Organizing Documents
If you’re looking for the best scanning software to keep your business organized, PaperScan is the answer. It supports over 30 languages, and can input over 100 formats. You can also batch scan documents using separator sheets, and even print directly from PaperScan. Additionally, it offers features like image quality selection, area selection, resize and crop, duplex scanning, and PDF encryption.
- Image Correction: PaperScan offers powerful tools for image correction and enhancement to improve your scans
- Annotations: Add annotations to your documents to bring extra clarity.
- SharePoint support: It allows you to upload and manage scans directly from Microsoft SharePoint
- Storage efficiency: PaperScan is exceptionally efficient with its storage, using very little disk space
- PDF Modes: It allows you to create PDF documents with Fast Web View mode (linearized PDF) to make sure your PDF document will load quickly on the web.
- PaperScan is highly efficient with its storage, using very little disk space.
- PaperScan offers powerful tools to improve your scans
- PaperScan is easy to use and has a very friendly user interface
- Cannot edit or create text documents.
- No OCR capabilities.
- Sometimes it is tricky to make annotations clearly.
PaperScan allows a free trial and offer four one time payment plans.
- Home Edition with single license: $79
- Professional Edition with single license: $149
- Professional Edition with site license: $599
- Professional Edition with volume license: Contact support for quotes
Best Scanning Software with Conversion Capabilities
Kofax OmniPage is your best bet for scanning software with advanced features. It offers superior conversion accuracy, intelligent character recognition and zonal recognition, so you can quickly create editable documents.
Plus, it’s scalable so it can be used by a single user or a large enterprise. And document conversion times are fast, so you can be more productive and focus on more strategic work.
- Kofax OmniPage can quickly scan and convert paper documents into searchable, electronic files.
- It can automatically detect and correct errors in scanned documents.
- Kofax OmniPage has a robust optical character recognition (OCR) engine that can convert scanned text into editable text formats.
- You can use it to create PDFs or HTML files from scanned documents.
- Superior conversion accuracy.
- Intelligent character recognition.
- Zonal recognition.
- Fast document conversion times.
- May be too expensive for small businesses.
- Interface can be confusing for first-time users.
- OCR engines may not be as accurate as some of the competition.
Free trial available with two payment plans
- OmniPage Standard 18.0: $156 one time payment
- OmniPage Ultimate 19.2: $524 one time payment
Best Scanning Software for macOS and Windows
Readiris 17 is available for both MacOS and Windows users, and it comes packed with features that will make organizing and managing your documents a breeze. With its user-friendly interface and powerful OCR engine, Readiris 17 makes converting your documents into digital files a snap.
- Converts paper documents into digital formats quickly and easily.
- OCR technology allows for text editing, making it easy to find the information you need from your scans.
- Converts files into audio files for easy listening, which can be helpful when you need to listen to a document while working on something else.
- Provides various format options for easy compatibility with different devices, making it a versatile scanning software choice.
- Readaris 17 is user-friendly and easy to navigate.
- It can be used to scan, organize, and store a wide variety of documents.
- The software has a powerful search feature that makes it easy to find specific documents.
- Readaris 17 can be used to create PDF files, making it easy to share documents with others.
- The software can be expensive to purchase
- It can be challenging to learn how to use the software
- The software may not be compatible with all computer systems.
Readaris 17 has a free trial and two paid plans with different customizable features.
- Readiris Pro 17 starting at about $59
- Readiris Corporate 17 starting at about $99
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Scanning Software
There is no one u0022bestu0022 scanning software, as each program has its own advantages and disadvantages. However, some of the best scanning software programs include Adobe Acrobat DC, ABBYY Fine Reader, and Readiris 17.
The best scanner for scanning documents will depend on the type of documents you need to check, as well as the quality of the scanned images. If you need to scan enormous quantities of documents quickly, a high-speed scanner would be ideal. However, if you need to scan very high-quality photos, a flatbed scanner would be better suited.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of different scanning software programs. Some of the benefits include the ability to scan a wide variety of documents, create PDF files, and easily share documents with others. However, some of the disadvantages include the expense of the software and the difficulty in learning how to use it.
Scanning software can range in price from free to several hundred dollars. Some of the best scanning software programs, such as Kofax OmniPage, and Readiris 17, can be expensive to purchase. However, there are many free scanning software programs available that provide basic scanning functionality.
Adobe Acrobat is a free scanning app that can be downloaded from the Adobe website. Once installed, Adobe Scan can be used to scan documents and save them as PDF files.
Scanning software is a tool that allows you to scan documents and images into your computer. This can be helpful for organizing your business, as you can scan important documents and images into your computer and then store them in a folder or file. This can make it easy to find and access the documents you need.
We recommend Kofax OmniPage for those looking for advanced features . It’s a great way to get a feel for how the software works and what it can do. For more experienced users, ABBYY Fine Reader is a powerful option with many features.
For users looking to go for a reputable software, we recommend Adobe Acrobat DC. You will surely experience a boost in efficiency no matter which scanning software you choose. So go ahead and give it a try.