Are you tired of sifting through irrelevant podcast episodes? With the abundance of podcast content available, it can be tiring to navigate through your queue to find the ones you truly enjoy.
Podcasts have long been a popular medium for both education and entertainment, but sometimes the sheer quantity of content can make it difficult to curate a personalized listening experience. That’s why it’s important to know how to delete unwanted podcasts, manage your device storage space and also streamline your listening experience and make it more enjoyable.
In this blog post, we’ll be walking you through the steps of how to delete podcasts from your queue. The process is simple, so you can quickly and easily declutter your podcast library and focus on the episodes that truly matter to you.
How to Delete a Podcast as a Listener
Are you ready to make your podcast library neat and organized? Deleting unwanted podcasts as a listener is easy, no matter which platform you use. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to delete a podcast from Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Spotify, and Google Podcasts.
For listeners, these steps are similar no matter which platform you use, but the exact procedures may vary slightly depending on the platform.
So let’s get started!
1. Open the Apple Podcast app and find the podcast you want to remove.
2. Tap or click “Unsubscribe” next to the podcast name.
3. Confirm that you want to unsubscribe by tapping or clicking “Unsubscribe” again.
4. You will be redirected back to the main page, where you can see the podcast is no longer in your library.
- Go to the Shows tab
- Select the show you’d like to remove
- Select “-Unfollow”
1. Go to your library and locate the podcast you want to delete.
2. Tap or click the three dots in a circle next to the podcast title
3. Select “Remove from Your Library”
4. Once the podcast is removed, a confirmation screen will pop up to confirm it’s successful removal
- On your Android phone or tablet, open Google Podcasts .
- At the bottom, tap activity, then go to the due
- To remove, tap more (three dots), then clear your queue
Generally, Keep your podcast library organized and curated by following these steps:
Identify the Problem
Before you can delete a podcast episode or series, it’s important to first identify what you want to remove from your library. If it’s a specific episode that is no longer relevant or of interest to you, the process for deletion will be relatively simple.
To delete a specific episode:
- Open your media player and navigate to the podcast series page.
- Locate the episode you want to delete and hover your cursor over it.
- A pop-up menu will appear – select the ‘delete’ option.
- Confirm the deletion by clicking ‘ok’ or ‘yes’.
To delete an entire podcast series, the process may vary depending on the media player. But in general, you may look for an option to unsubscribe or delete the entire show, by right-clicking the show or going to settings or in the app settings menu.
It’s worth noting that deleting a podcast episode or series does not necessarily remove it from the podcast host’s servers, it only removes it from your device or app. If you want to unsubscribe from an entire podcast series, the process may vary depending on the media player you are using, but in general, you can follow these steps:
- Open your media player and navigate to the podcast series page.
- Locate the option to unsubscribe from the series. This could be a button labeled “unsubscribe” or “delete” depending on the media player.
- Confirm the unsubscription.
- Once you’ve unsubscribed, you may need to delete the episodes individually. Locate each episode and select the option to delete or remove it.
- Confirm the deletion of each episode.
- Once all episodes are deleted, you may need to navigate to your subscriptions or library page to locate the podcast series and delete it from there.
- Confirm the deletion of the series from your library.
How to Delete Podcast From Directories as a Podcaster
Once you’ve deleted the podcast from your media player, it’s time to delete it from any directory or platform it might be listed in. This includes popular platforms such as Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcasts, Stitcher, and other podcast directories.
How to Delete Podcast from Apple Podcast
To delete a podcast from Apple Podcasts as a podcaster:
1. Open the Apple Podcasts Connect page and log in with your account credentials.
2. Click on ‘My Podcasts’ in the left-hand navigation menu.
3. Select the podcast you’d like to delete, then click on the ‘Edit’ button.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the ‘Delete Podcast’ button underneath the ‘Podcast Information’ section.
5. Confirm that you want to delete your podcast by clicking ‘Delete Podcast’.
6. You will receive a confirmation email from Apple indicating that your podcast has been successfully deleted from the iTunes Podcasts Connect platform.
7. Your podcast will be removed from Apple Podcasts within 24 hours of removing it from the iTunes Podcasts Connect page.
How to Delete Podcast From Spotify
To delete a podcast from Spotify as a podcaster:
- If your aggregator or hosting platform uploaded your podcast on your behalf, ask them to take it down.
- Contact Spotify by sending your RSS feed and a link to your podcast, they will take it down.
- Submit your request using your Spotify account’s email address.
How to Delete Podcast From Google Podcasts
To delete an episode from your podcast on Google Podcasts platforms:
Choose from the following approaches:
- To understand how to delete an episode from your show if you use a podcast hosting provider, see the documentation for that service.
- The episode should be removed from your RSS feed in less than a week.
- As a subtag of the item> to block, add the following tag <itunes: block>yes</iTunes: block> to your RSS feed. Should take three to four weeks to take effect.
- This tag prohibits the podcast from showing up on Google Podcasts platforms, but it has no impact on the host page’s visibility in Google Search.
Request that Google re-crawl your feed.
The propagation of modifications to listening platforms might take a day or two, so be aware of this. For a day or two after the modifications are applied to the devices, subscribing users may still be able to watch removed episodes on their device playlist.
A downloaded episode is not removed from listeners’ devices when an episode is deleted from a feed.
How to Delete Podcast from Stitcher
You must contact email@example.com using the email address connected to your Stitcher Partner account to request that it be removed if you submitted it yourself. They’ll get it taken down from the Partner account that handled the submission. The removal of this from the stitcher often takes up to 48 hours.
To permanently delete your podcast, you will need to contact Spotify directly via email and request a removal.
You will need to contact Stitcher directly via email and request a removal. Be sure to include the RSS feed URL for your podcast in your email.
The time it takes for your podcast to be removed from directories depends on the platform but usually takes up to 24-48 hours. It may take longer for the changes to be visible on listeners’ devices due to caching.
To unsubscribe from a podcast, open the app or website of the podcast you are subscribed to and find the “Unsubscribe” button or link. Click on it, confirm your action, and you will be unsubscribed from that particular podcast.
If you want to completely uninstall the podcast from your device, find the app and select the “Uninstall” option. Confirm the action and your podcast will be uninstalled.
With the right steps and knowledge, you can easily declutter your podcast library by removing irrelevant or unwanted episodes and series. We hope that after reading this article, you now have an understanding of how to delete branded content from various media players and directories.
Deleting unwanted podcasts from your podcast library can be a liberating experience, allowing you to focus on the content that truly matters and resonates with you. With these simple steps, you can quickly and easily delete podcasts — either individual episodes or entire series — and create an enjoyable listening experience for yourself.
In addition, doing this will help you keep your podcast library organized, while also helping to curate a personalized listening experience that truly resonates with you. So take the time to declutter your podcast library and enjoy the content that matters most to you!