Have you been trying hard to get rid of the podcast application on your Mac device but to no avail? You don’t need to feel overwhelmed by this; it is a normal experience for Mac users.
Traditionally, default Apple apps are system configured and, thereby, cannot be easily deleted from your device. Just like many other applications, the podcast app on your Mac is no different. While you might not be able to permanently delete some apps, you can work your way around some by simply removing them from the system.
Fortunately, the podcast app on your Mac can be effectively removed from your device through various techniques that we will be discussing in this post.
Reasons You Should Uninstall The Podcast App From Your Mac
There are numerous reasons why people generally uninstall and permanently delete the podcasts app on their Mac device. Below are popular reasons for taking this action.
When you have unwanted default apps and files taking up your device storage, thereby reducing the speed and performance of such devices, there is a need to free up space by deleting such unwanted default apps. If the podcast app on your Mac is less important, there is a reason to uninstall it.
Re-installation of Podcasts App
For some reason, you might need to re-install the podcast application for it to function more effectively. To achieve this, the application has to be uninstalled from the device before reinstallation can take place.
Lack of Interest
You might want to delete your podcasts app on your Mac simply for lack of interest in podcasts. You don’t feel the need to keep the application running on your device since you do not make use of it, thereby totally removing it.
Over time, with usage, the podcast application might encounter a problem that requires fixing before it can function properly. You might be required to uninstall the app to address the issue.
Easy Ways to Remove Your Mac’s Podcasts App
Removal to Trash
This is an easy approach to effectively get rid of the podcast application. You simply need to move the application to the trash on your Mac and get rid of all files related to the podcast application.
Follow these steps to achieve this:
- Close down the podcasts app if it is currently running on your device. In case you are not certain if it stopped running, you can check the dock panel of your Mac.
- Right-click on the application if it appears there and select exit.
- Select finder on the dock panel, then click on applications on the left pane.
- You will see a program list on the right pane, identify the podcasts app. Drag the podcasts application icon to the trash to remove it.
- Right-click on the thrash icon, and select empty thrash to permanently delete the application you removed
- Once you have successfully deleted the podcast app, continue to delete any file in the podcast app folder
- Select Go on the menu and click “Go to folder”
- Type “~/library/” in the input box, click “Go” or hit the enter key.
- Go through the application support in the library and delete any file related to the podcasts app in the folder.
- Go through the caches folder and delete any cache file related to the application.
- Same goes for the preference folder in the application library, delete any podcast-related file there.
- Once you have thoroughly deleted all files related to the podcast application, you have successfully removed the podcast app from your Mac device.
Manually Remove The Podcasts App and its Files
This approach requires you to delete the podcast app and the files in the application folder.
- Select Go on the top menu and click on applications
- Click the podcasts application to access its folders and files
- Double-click on the app’s icon and select uninstall, then follow the uninstall process to remove the application
- In case you can’t find the uninstall option on your Mac, you will have to go through another approach to remove the application.
- Once the application is uninstalled, access the podcast library folder and remove all files and application traces related to the app as you did with the first technique.
Deleting The Podcasts App With Terminal Settings
This technique is an automatic method of permanently removing applications from your Mac; you are not required to download any third-party program to completely uninstall the application.
Using the terminal technique, you can immediately uninstall an app with a straightforward command.
- Click applications and then select utilities to launch terminal
- Enter the command: sudo uninstall file://
- Drag the podcast app’s icon to the terminal window. This will display the file pathway to the application
- Click on Enter, and input your admin password.
- Automatically, the terminal will uninstall the podcast application.
Using Professional App Cleaner & Uninstaller Software
If you want to get rid of your podcast app quickly and easily without having to delete each file one by one, you might want to use an app uninstaller on your Mac. To achieve this, take the following actions:
- Be sure that your podcast application is not running, go ahead to close it in case it is running in the background.
- Install and open your preferred app cleaner & uninstaller software on your Mac.
- Once opened, select the podcast application to be removed, and follow the prompt to uninstall it.
- Close the uninstaller software and restart your Mac.
- You would have successfully removed the podcast application from your device.
Popular Mac App Cleaner & Uninstaller Software
You might be confused about which cleaner and uninstaller software would work effectively on your Mac; we have selectively discussed some of the most popular software used on Mac for this purpose.
CleanMyMac X is effective for the optimization and cleaning of Mac devices. It can quickly uninstall your apps, find and get rid of malware, and free up space on your hard drive.
CleanMyMac X effectively deletes app caches, leftovers, and peripheral files on your Mac device. Unfortunately, the free version of this software can only uninstall two applications.
Once you have this application running on your device, you can sit back and relax; it will fix your uninstallation problem in no time.
CCleaner is a paid uninstallation software for Mac. It is popular for its awesome features of file management and optimization techniques that effectively manage, analyze, and clear up cache files taking up storage space.
MacBooster by IObit is a Mac uninstaller that is equipped with modules to uninstall applications in bulk and clean junk files, temp files, duplicates, and other redundant files to recover device storage on your device.
This uninstaller supports virus and malware scanning and turbo boost to efficiently optimize the performance of your device.
Hazel is Mac-compatible software that helps you stay organized automatically. It keeps an eye on all the folders and files you have on your Mac and organizes them according to the instructions you create.
It lets you set up conditions based on instructions you’ve programmed to make your macOS do things automatically.
It quietly works in your system, deleting apps that are no longer required with their attachments.
App Delete is Mac uninstallation software that enables you to quickly remove unwanted applications and all files attached to such an application at the same time.
It organizes deleted applications and related files in a trash folder so you can easily review what was deleted. You can permanently delete such folders by removing them from the trash.
FAQs on How to Delete Podcasts App on Mac
To delete an application on your Mac, press and hold the option key, or click and hold any app until the app jiggles. Click the “x” appearing on the icon, and then click delete to confirm. The app would be deleted immediately.
Definitely. You can delete a podcast episode on your Mac device. Select the podcast show you want to delete from, hold down the pointer over an episode, then click the remove button.
To delete an entire podcast show, hold down on the selected show, click the more button and select remove downloads.
You can easily locate an uninstaller on your Mac by clicking on the Finder icon in the dock, then clicking applications in the Finder sidebar. Select an application to locate its uninstaller; open the application’s folder; you shall find the uninstallation software there if any is available.
Delete App is the best free app for thorough uninstallation of applications on your Mac. It is a completely free tool.
Uninstalling a podcast application from your Mac device is a straightforward and hassle-free process. Using any of the highlighted techniques in this post, you can easily remove any podcast app immediately from your Mac device.
Making use of a professional App cleaner and uninstaller is an effective and more convenient technique; they are not only effective at uninstalling your podcast app but also assist in managing and organizing your device files and apps with little effort.