Discord is a popular online communication platform where discord users can communicate in real-time over text, video calls, and audio. Podcasts are an increasingly popular way of delivering content online, typically audio or video recordings with a host speaking to a virtual audience.
Advanced discord users can even utilize certain bots to record and save their podcast conversations as they happen through an audio source connected to the discord channel.
All you need is a voice channel recording bot that will capture and store audio from other discord users and make their products available for everyone to listen to.
Whether you are a novice or an experienced user, Discord offers numerous features for creating your very own podcast – all accessible from the convenience of your own home.;
Ensure that each guest’s sound has been tweaked before initiating recordings. Once all the levels are set, hit record and start talking! After you’ve finished your podcast episode, download all the recordings for future use.
The Key Features of Discord
The following are the features of Discord:
- Age restricted command
- Use of screen reader
- Video background
- Reduced motion setting
- Custom status
- Server folders 101
- Using search
- Streamer Mode 101
- Go live and share
Pros and Cons of Using Discord
The followings are the Pros and cons of using Discord:
- It has implemented different roles so everyone can access that part only
- Discord used bots to automate things like greeting every new member
- Discord has different channel features
- No travel costs are associated with hosting a remote session – you can connect with anyone worldwide without leaving your home
- Discord provides a secure platform for sharing audio and text chat that is easy to use and allows you to control who participates in your recording session
- Discord offers a wide range of audio and video editing tools to help you create the perfect podcast episode
- Discord is free, and you don’t have to pay before recording your podcast
- You may utilize Discord on virtually any machine with a good browser. Discord also has a standalone app if you wish to avoid the browser completely
- It has a server limit on the free version, which could be increased
- It has many spamming links, so there should be some protocol for it
Creative Ways to Utilize Discord for Podcast Recording
Here are some creative ways to utilize Discord for podcast recording:
Get started on Discord
It is straightforward. You only need to spend a short amount of time learning how to set it up before you start recording, but once you do, you and your visitors will have a fantastic podcast recording option.
The following four simple steps will guide you in signing up on Discord
1. Go to the Discord website and click on Sign Up
2. Enter your email address, create your username and password, and then click Create
3. Next, you will be prompted to confirm your email address by clicking a link sent to you in an email from Discord
4. Once confirmed, you will be logged in to your new Discord account.
(Discord will display a welcome pop-up asking you to configure your first server.)
Set Up Your Server
Once you have created your Discord account, setting up a server is next. This server is where your podcast conversations and recordings will take place.
1. Log into your Discord account
2. Click the plus sign (+) at the top left of your screen
3. Select Create a Server
How to Create a Server
Creating a server on Discord is easy. All you need to do is decide on your server’s name and click the Create button. You will then find yourself on the server settings page, where you can customize your server with bots and other features as per requirements.
You can also add different channels, like an audio channel. Once your server is set up, be ready to start recording podcasts!
Set up the Bot Called Craig to Record the Audio file.
Set up Craig, the versatile record audio bot, it is a straightforward process that only requires a few following steps:
- You need access to a Discord server with voice support enabled and the right permissions to set it up.
- Once you join the voice channel of your choice, simply type record start.
- Invite Craig into the call – from then on, Craig will record every voice conversation in the voice channel until it’s manually stopped.
It’s also worth noting that Craig works both for recorded calls on Discord and for recording live audio captured through your computer’s audio input! With this reliable record audio bot, it has never been easier to take your podcasting or music-streaming sessions to the next level.
How to Set Your Discord for High-Quality Audio Recording
Once you have Craig on your Discord server, let’s discuss configuring your system to record high-quality audio.
Before you record Discord audio, you’ll need to adjust a few settings to get the best results.
- Go to User Settings in Discord and select the Voice & Video tab.
- Under the Input Mode section, select Push to Talk instead of the default Voice Activity.
- Ensure your microphone is selected and set up in the correct Input Device.
Adjust your microphone settings to optimize the audio. The best way to do this is to open up your computer’s sound settings and find your microphone’s control panel.
- Set the input level to 100% in your microphone’s control panel, and increase or decrease it until you reach a comfortable volume.
- Adjust the input volume to a comfortable level – you want it loud enough so everyone in the conversation can hear you clearly, but not too loud that it is distorted.
- Adjust your Noise Reduction and Automatic Gain Control settings to get the best sound quality – these can be found in the Advanced tab.
Voice Channel Set up
- Swipe left over the General channel (under Voice Channels).
- Open settings by clicking the gear icon on the right.
- You will achieve the best sound quality by moving the BITRATE slider to the right (96 kbps).
- Rename this channel to Podcast Interviews.
- When you’re finished, press the bottom-positioned Save Changes button.
- In the top right corner, press ESC.
Set Up Guest Audio
The first step is to get your chat server up and running and invite the relevant guests to the channel.
The next step is to navigate the desktop platform’s options and select an audio settings icon. From here, you can define how you want your audio setup, decide if you will save data, and any other controls or instructions needed, like adding filters, sound improvements, mutes/deafen, etc.
Once all relevant information has been updated and authorized, click save changes, and all guest audio is correctly enabled.
How to Create a Private Channel
The following steps will help you create a private channel on Discord:
- Log into your Discord account.
- Select the Create Channel option from the screen’s drop-down menu in the top right corner.
- Enter a name for your channel and select if it should be Public or Private (if available).
- Click on the downward-pointing arrow in the top right corner and select Create Private Channel.
With that completed, there’s no limit to your creative podcast conversations with your friends in a safe yet fun environment!
Start the recording process by issuing a craig record command.
Once Craig Bot has started recording, you and your guests can begin the conversation.
Keep the discussion within the topics that have been chosen and keep it on track.
When recording, issue a Craig stop command to Your audio file. You will save your file in the same place as your Discord recordings. Craig Bot can compress your files into different formats to be shared with your team or posted online.
Launch Recording Software & Hit Record
You already have Craig Bot set up and configured; it’s time to launch your recording software.
The most popular recording software for Discord is Audacity. It’s free and open-source, making it a great choice for anyone who can easily record their conversations.
Launch Audacity and hit record. Make sure your microphone is selected as the recording source – you can do this by clicking Edit to Preferences.
You’ll want to adjust the settings in Audacity until you get the best possible sound quality for all participants. Once you’re happy, click Record and start talking.
When you want to end the recording, hit Stop. You can now save the file in your preferred formats – such as MP3 or WAV – and share it with your team or upload it online!
Download and Preserve Records
Once the recording is complete, you’ll need to download and preserve the audio.
First, select the file in Audacity and click Export Audio. All settings are intact, and the original files will save easily.
Next, open Craig Bot and issue a “Craig download” command. It will generate a compressed version of your recording which can be shared with your team or posted online.
Also, consider storing the recordings in a cloud-based backup system such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or iCloud. It will ensure that your audio is safe and secure even if something happens to your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can record audio on Discord using a variety of tools. The most popular tool for recording audio on Discord is Craig Bot, a versatile bot that allows you to record high-quality audio without needing any other hardware or software.
The best audio recording software for Discord is Audacity. It’s free, open-source, and has a wide range of features that make it ideal for recording audio from Discord.
The best recording bot for Discord is Craig Bot. It is a versatile audio recording tool that allows you to record high-quality audio without additional hardware or software.
Audacity is a free and open-source digital audio editor and recording application software. It is used to record, edit and manipulate audio files and apply effects to them.
You can record calls on Discord using Craig Bot. Issue the “Craig record” command in the voice channel, and Craig Bot will start recording. When you’re done, issue a “Craig stop” command to end the recording. It will save the audio files in the same place.
Discord is revolutionizing podcasting by making it easy and efficient for anyone to get started with broadcasting shows. The streamlined user interface allows great audio recordings with minimal setup, and powerful tools like Craig Bot make the entire process a breeze.
Having access to Discord right at your fingertips means you can bypass the hassle of complicated hardware or equipment in favor of an accessible solution available wherever you have an internet connection.
Stop researching costly audio setups, and start recording on Discord today! – it’s that simple!